How to Request a Refund
Email us a copy of your documentation to to email@example.com
When to request a Refund
ahm OSHC can only refund all of your premium payment if one of the following circumstances occur:
- You did not take up your studies in Australia
- You paid your premium for an extended stay but your student visa was not extended. ahm OSHC can only refund the unused portion of your premium if one of the following circumstances occur:
- You are obliged to cease studies in Australia and return home
- Your student visa has been cancelled or your visa status changes
- You have been granted permanent residency or an Australian visa (other than a student visa)
- You were not resident in Australia for a continuous period of at least 3 months while you held a valid student visa
- You decide to leave Australia when your studies are finished but before you student visa expires.
You will need to provide us with documentary proof of these circumstances should you require a refund.
A refund administration fee may be charged and deducted from your refund. If you transfer to another OSHC provider, you will need to provide us with a certificate of your insurance showing evidence of paid cover for the full visa term before we can refund any unused portion of your premium.
ahm OSHC is required to advise DIBP should you cancel your policy with ahm OSHC. Remember to keep your cover up to date. It is your responsibility under your visa conditions to maintain Overseas Student Health Cover for the whole time you are in Australia on a student visa and to advise ahm OSHC if your circumstances change.
If you cancel your ahm OSHC cover while you are in Australia and:
- You are granted permanent residency, you are then no longer eligible for ahm OSHC. If you transfer to a new ahm Private Health Insurance cover within two months from the date you were granted permanent residency, we will transfer any residual premiums onto your new ahm Private Health Insurance cover
- Your refund request is approved, ahm OSHC will pay the refund amount into your Australian bank account. ahm OSHC will not make payments to foreign bank accounts or issue cheques
- You are intending to leave Australia and request a refund, it is important that you do not close your Australian bank account until after your refund request has been paid by ahm OSHC.